Wednesday, October 17, 2007

JD's Big Week

Jermaine Dupri is on a major push right now to get those much deserved props, with an Autobiography in stores, and a AD campaign with Courvoisier.the Ad campaign



The Book; "Young Rich and Dangerous." you can check some excerpts here.

I think Jermaine should get more props as a producer, however I think the only thing he is missing is the "change the game" moment. He's the best at doing the hottest of what's hot, but he hasn't done what the Dre did for Gangster, or what Diddy did for the R&B x Hip Hop movement, or what Quincy did for Thriller. But Don't count him out all he needs in one change the game moment and he could get what he's looking for--RESPECT! But you definitely can't hate on his hustle. For, if he doesn't pump his own shit the critics definitely won't.

For the record: I always said they wrongly credited Cash Money Records BG and Weezy for giving us the word Bling! That goes to JD...

1 comment:

mikeinbmore said...

Yo Pockets, I thought I was the only one that felt that way. I've always meant to look up the date of JD's solo debut against the date of Cash Money's release.
But I'm 99% sure that JD dropped it first. And I've always credited him for coining "bling-bling". If it were relevant, I'd pursue it to give props where props were due.