Monday, March 17, 2008

GGC NEWS: Lebron x Vogue=A Gracious Stylist



We are happy for Lebron "Billy(as in Aspiring Billionaire)" James as he graces the March cover of Vogue, but more so for his stylist Rachel Johnson.

Its a fitting career highlight for Rach, who over the past 8 years, worked at a neck break pace supplying freshness to Hip Hop's elite including Pharell, Ja Rule, Jamie Foxx, etc. Here at the Hustle we are especially proud since weknow Rach from her college days, when she was the vintage clothes connect, slanging leisure suits to all of the FAMU hipsters.

Congrats Rachel keep doing our thing!!


The Come Up

It all started when...My interest came very early because my mother is a fashionista. I inherited it. She would take me to Bergdorf's, we'd go to thrift stores, she just shopped... I have this picture in my office from the 2nd grade that my mother framed; it's this girl --everything she had on was cut from construction or foil paper - she had gold hoops, bangles, cuffs and boots -- so many accessories! I was on it back then too.

My first break was... Simultaneously assisting two stylists who hired me a day apart, Sybil Pennix with Boyz II Men and June Ambrose on this NBA fashion show. Those were my first jobs; that was seven and a half years ago.

I've worked for Andrea Lieberman and with Tameka Foster, Usher's wife. I was with her for two-and-a-half years. I learned everything, as far as running the business is concerned, from her.

My breakout project was.. Ja Rule, when he was hot and rocking the Burberry. I was with him when he could do no wrong, that kick-started everything for me.


(READ RACHEL'S FASHION TIPS SOHH.COM)

No comments: