Thursday, February 07, 2008

Muhammad Speaks: Global Grind v.s. Global Grind


We've been getting a lot of calls and emails regarding Russell Simmons' website globalgrind.com, from people who know our brand 21st Century Hustle: Global Grind Culture,



Yes the name was "inspired" by us

No we are not affiliated with it



Its simple- we created a concept that we called the Global Grind Culture and a nameless employee of Russell's "took" a liking to the sound of that. She's actually someone I know and met with regarding my brand... Yet she sat on our myspace page for months (myspace.com/globalgrind) and soaked up game. Then Russell and crew created a web 2.0 platform. As they sat around the boardroom table looking for names for this platform, the "nameless" one, threw global grind into the mix.

Russell liked that and ran with it...

Now tell me what the F____ am I suppossed to do.... Like Rocko said....

" You just Do You....Imma do Me!"



.....Now that we covered that let's get back to the regularly scheduled hustle.

In Motion,

Mr.Muhammad

For more info on what The Global Grind is click HERE.

4 comments:

Goldi gold said...

global grind is something they do but global grinding is something you live!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was going to make a comment, but couldn't have said it any better than "goldi gold", so I'll just say ditto. Naw...you know me, I can't just stop there. God says in Isa 49:25 that He will contend with those that contend with us. Just keep doing what you do and "nameless" will surely reap what she has so unjustly sown. Love ya, Leo

Anonymous said...

What's good my dude. I'm glad you've taken the time to speak on this. I was one of the bugs in your ear asking "what up with that?" on the issue of that other site. My dude Lat turned me on to and I was immediately turned off.
Keep taking the high road and you've got my support. What you have is something so organic that it will outlast that contrived, hollow, soulless site.
I do want/need to know what's good with the printed materials. Hailing from an indie zine background I know first hand the trials and tribulations you face, but if there's anything I can do to see this project prosper, call on me.

Mike in Bmore
http://myspace.com/born_official

freez said...

that's why lawyers fight over copyrights and trademarks cause capital sharks always looking for a mark but those who profit from another's jewels are soulless, spineless and end up being the fool/tool --